Welcome to the homepage of the Digital Woman of the Year™ Awards, an annual award recognising outstanding women in digital sectors around the world. The Digital Woman of the Year™ Awards are part of the international Ada Awards™ that recognise outstanding girls and women in digital sectors globally and the organisations that support them. The awards are affectionately named after the first-ever computer programmer, Ada Lovelace, Lady Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace.
The Digital Woman of the Year™ Award is destined for one or more women*, 18 years of age or older, who live and/or work in the specified geography and distinguish themselves through leadership, creativity, entrepreneurship, social-focus and/or innovative discoveries, and who are positively impacting the number of girls and women participating in digitally-driven or digitally-enabled areas of study or work, in one or more of the following capacities:
- In the ICT sector, as a promising young potential or executive in a prominent public, private or academic sector IT organisation;
- Through work in entertainment or media, including social media;
- In commercialisation of an innovative digital concept, tool and/or service;
- Through focus on not-for-profit or social work, community-orientation, humanitarian activities (including ICT4Good, health, planet, well-being, etc.); and/or
- Through step-change research & development activities in the private or public sectors, academic excellence, digital/social innovations.
*anyone who identifies as a woman
To find out what’s happening with the Ada Awards™ in different regions of the world, please see below.
To find out more about the different Ada Awards™ categories, please see below.
- Digital Girl of the Year™ Awards
- Digital Woman of the Year™ Awards
- Digital Impact of the Year™ Awards
©2013-2015 Digital Leadership Institute, asbl/vzw
Place Van Meyelplein 24
1040 Brussels, Belgium