The 2014 African Digital Woman of the Year™ Award is destined for a woman*, 18 years of age or older, who lives and/or works in Africa and distinguishes herself through leadership, creativity, entrepreneurship, social-focus and/or innovative discoveries, and who is positively impacting the number of girls and women participating in digitally-driven or digitally-enabled areas of study or work, in one or more of the following capacities:
- In the ICT sector, as a promising young potential or executive in a prominent public, private or academic sector IT organisation;
- Through work in entertainment or media, including social media;
- In commercialisation of an innovative digital concept, tool and/or service;
- Through focus on not-for-profit or social work, community-orientation, humanitarian activities (including ICT4Good, health, planet, well-being, etc.); and/or
- Through step-change research & development activities in the private or public sectors, academic excellence, digital/social innovations.
Nominate yourself or someone else by filling the nomination form.
*Anyone identifying as a woman.
©2013-2014 AWACA BVBA, Digital Leadership Institute, asbl/vzw
Place Van Meyelplein 24
1040 Brussels, Belgium